Wednesday 11 February 2015

The madness that is me

Welcome!

On the off chance that you have somehow appeared here without having any idea who I am, I will list off all those basic facts that you might want to know to get them over and done with and out of the way so you never have to deal with them ever again if you so choose.

My name is Sinéad. I'm nineteen. I'm attending Trinity College Dublin where I am in my second year of English Studies although this might be difficult to believe at times. Due to certain circumstances, I find myself as an only child living with my Aunt Lynda (my mum's sister), Uncle Fergal and a thirteen year old cousin, Kyle. The only pets we have are goldfish but I don't know if they really count because they're just there, you know. You give them food in the same sense that you water a plant and you wouldn't really call a plant a pet, would you? Well, you might but I don't. Anyway all entirely relevant things here.

So after much debating with myself of the will I/won't I variety, I have decided to start a blog. Stating the obvious here in case you might have thought this was something else like a recipe book. Anyway, it means I can put most of my nonsense (I can't get all of it out of me) somewhere that people can't stumble across it by accident. It also means I have a chance to show off loads of my weirdness, or endearing qualities depending on the perspective, and people can look at it if they're interested.

This opener serves as a vague idea of what might pass through my mind at any given moment, which is obviously difficult to pin down. There are a lot of topics that are likely to come up on a regular basis. I write a lot, some of it being the old pen and paper sort of way but a lot of it being in the more readily accessible form of a forum on the internet by the name of Mizahar. Pen and paper sort of writing usually ends up hidden away somewhere scattered in five million notebooks that I would probably burn rather than allow anyone to read. So I won't talk about that writing ever again, or at least I imagine that I won't but being me anything could happen. When writing is discussed it will be of the Miz variety and my characters will come up a lot and I might be willing to post a link on occasion if I think anyone is genuinely interested, otherwise you can go and look it up yourself.

Writing will also be accompanied by gaming related things such as Skyrim, Tomb Raider, GTA, whatever is taking my fancy at the time. It will no doubt be immensely chaotic and is like to have the occasional foray into the world of YouTube as I point to game related videos that have amused me. Being an English student, who occasionally reads for college but mostly read things I want to read, books are a definite possibility leading into the realm of college related things like lectures, tutorials, people I don't like, etc.

Anecdotes from everyday life are a highly likely occurrence, especially as I find sharing things like what my family have done during a particular day makes them seem more real. My family possess a different sort of madness for the most part and so I generally fail to understand and/or believe they could have said or done a particular thing. Also expect pictures of animals, mainly my Grandad's dog, Monty, but I occasionally just photograph animals I come across in everyday life because I'm weird.

If you have made it down to the end of this post without wanting to throttle me or following the more sensible option of closing down the page then congratulations! This is a very, very small taste of what I'm like and so if you can't handle this you're quite frankly screwed because this is me writing very little.

You deserve a biscuit after all that effort but you'll have to supply your own because, you know, this is the internet and I can't shove biscuits into a screen. Well, I can but it wouldn't have the desired effect. You can have an electronic biscuit, which I admit is a poor substitute.

Sanity is not my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment